New Blog -- POSITIVE RIPPLES IN LIFE

 Hello -- the Internet can be a wonderful place for sharing Life's experiences and learning from each other's experiences.   I have decided to create this POSITIVE RIPPLES IN LIFE blog for that purpose.

At his 100th birthday celebration I sat with my dear grandfather in 1995 (...he passed in 1997) and conversed with him about Life.   He spoke of the many lessons he learned throughout his life.

Grandpa Russo asked me "Do you know why we are here?"  Thinking of his birthday celebration I answered "To eat meatballs with marinara sauce?".  He smile "While that is important there is another very important reason we all are here: to leave positive ripples in the world -- for ourselves and especially for others".  I replied "Grandpa, I am not Gandhi or Mother Teresa or Martin Luther King -- I don't know how many positive ripples I can leave in this world".   Still smiling he said "Joe, a smile is a positive ripple for someone who needs a smile, a pat on the shoulder is a positive ripple and a kind word is a positive ripple...there are many kinds of positive ripples".  Then, with a glint in his eye, my grandfather said "With only an eighth grade education I may not be considered smart but I think a smile which was given to someone a thousand years ago is still rippling through time"

And so, I decided to create this blog for all of us to share our Life's positive ripples....positive ripples we created for ourselves, positive ripples we created for others and positive ripples others have created for us.

So please share the positive ripples in your Life.........and thank you for sharing.......

All the best,

Joe Russo

JoeR12161770@gmail.com 

:-)

Comments

  1. Let me write the first comment here: When I was 7 years old my grandfather use to take me to the park so that I could play there. He would whistle from the Brooklyn street and I would then run down the stairs to take his hand and begin our walk to the park. On every corner my grandfather would stop to speak (in Italian) to one of his many friends. I was very impatient, wanting to get to the park as soon as possible (....it felt like I would be in college before arriving at the park!). My grandfather looked at me and said "Friends are very very important -- whenever you have the opportunity to spend some time with them you should....spending time with friends is one of the best uses of your time." That day my grandfather gave me a wonderful "positive ripple" regarding friendship....a positive ripple which has followed me my whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Joe! Good luck with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. let's see... i love teaching! Students bring me joy every day and I love it when I am able to share something with them that was passed on to me. It's wonderful to see how a little bit of care goes a long way in times of crisis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful -- to enjoy and appreciate your students -- I am sure they create many "sound" ripples in your Life!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for starting this Joe. I get many positive ripples from animals. Watching a bird outside my window will start my day off in I positive frame of mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....animals can give us many positive ripples...... :)

      Delete
  5. I agree with you about the lasting impact of positive actions and thoughts, Joe. I'm delighted that you have started this project and wish you many more positive ripples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wish.....your comment definitely gave me a positive ripple today!

      Delete
  6. I am glad you hung onto that ripple - Thanks for you friendship Joe !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joe, You inherited your Grand-Dad's glint. Your positive influence has penetrated many lives and branched out way beyond your immediate network of friends. I guess that means that you are passing on your Papa's legacy or love and warmth. God bless you always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For whoever left this kind, caring comment....thank you so much for your wonderful words about my grandfather......I am sure he is now giving us both a very positive ripple smile!

      Delete
  8. Your grandfather,Joe,was indeed a very wise man as he taught you that we are here to 'spread positive ripples",and also taught you the value of friendships.Over the many years we've been
    friends,I've experienced how you have been a shining example by incorporating these invaluable
    concepts into your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Alain for your very kind words...... :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment